Our vision is ‘to enrich the knowledge of our students, faculty, staff and, more generally, all stakeholders through education and the transfer of core skills.’
Our mission is to offer international employability according to the needs of each of our campuses to enable our students to contribute to global sustainable development.
To fulfil this mission, we aim to do the following:
- Provide higher education to students in an environment that focuses on all dimensions of learning – knowledge, understanding, skills, behaviours, values and attitudes.
- Create and disseminate knowledge regarding important issues through published research, innovative learning experiences and involvement with the constituents we serve.
- Serve society through independent exchange of ideas and practices while respecting local cultures.
- Allow a wide inclusion of students through scholarships and other forms of assistance.
- Foster a culture of excellence, collaboration and respect for diverse ideas.
- Assess and reflect upon the attainment of our goals, resulting in the continuous improvement of our practices.
Our values include respect for the individual, diversity, knowledge and thinking modes. At UMEF, we fight against all forms of discrimination – ethnic, religious, social, sexual or otherwise. This applies to both the accomplishment of teaching and completing research tasks as well as to relationships within our university.