Programme Overview :
This tailored programme shows how to implement strategic thinking and planning, highlighting the issues that matter for your career and for your corporation. It shows delegates how to apply key concepts in making crucial decisions.
Key Benefits and Takeaways :
- Understanding long term trends and challenges and their impact on the business world
- Understanding the need for a corporation to have a sustainable unique position.
- Discovering the key competencies needed for an industry leadership and a long-lasting competitive advantage.
- Understanding how to structure an organization to create more value.
- Providing a comprehensive look at winning strategies.
Programme In Detail :
DAY 1: Strategic decision making
- Identifying strategic issues
- What is a strategic decision
- Reasoning flaws and blind corners
- Influence of culture
DAY 2: Strategic innovation
- Creative thinking
- The innovation cycle
- Implementing an innovation policy
- Patent and copyright issues
DAY 3: Competitive strategies and Capital intelligence
- Value-based strategies
- Growth through diversification
- Growth through vertical integration
- Strategic alliances
- The capital intelligence process
- Competitor profiling
- Techniques for tracking competitors
- Distributing intelligence
Who Should Attend this Programme?
Diplomats, Traders, Politicians, Government Officials, Business People, Academics wishing to expand their knowledge in Business Strategy.
Professionals who are new to the Business, and those who need a refresher, will be able to broaden their knowledge and gain a sound overview.
Methods of teaching :
UMEF has a non-traditional approach to learning, which is not limited to the time spent in learning in class but also includes holding individual discussions with students to understand their real objectives for their projects and life and offer advice relevant to their needs to enable them to be successful in their development.
We are strong believers in the need of transferring to our students a blend of academic knowledge and usable skills required by employers. This can only be achieved by allowing faculty to be up to date about the needs of employers so that students can seize prime career opportunities. While the teaching methodologies used by faculty inevitably vary from subject to subject, they comprise basic elements that have been listed as follows:
- Case studies
- Learning by teaching
- Individual or group projects
- Use of the computer laboratory.
In every case, the exchanges with the faculty are student-centred and the exchanges are always enriching for both. Our graduates practice critical thinking as one of the most important skills in a complex society.
Networking Opportunities :
This programme creates the opportunity for delegates of diverse backgrounds and cultures to share and confront their ideas, experience and best practices. Durable links are established among executives and professionals.
Continuing education is recognized more than ever as a career necessity at all levels for business and industry professionals. Building Strategic Skills are eligible to meet the continuing education requirements of Business Executives.
Entry Criteria :
Admission WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Solid intellectual ability
- Progression in your career to date
- Proof of leadership and management potential
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A desire to learn and contribute to the learning of others
- Minimum of 5 years senior experience
- Minimum Bachelor degree or Equivalent
Key Facts :
185-187 Route d’Aïre
1219 Aïre – Geneva CH
T: + 41 (0) 22 732 07 12
Recognition of Completion :
Certificate in Building Strategic Skills accredited by EduQua
Number of Participants :
3 DAYS Full Time
Next programme starts :
June 25, 2019
3 times a year
Teaching hours :
17h30 to 19h00 and 19h15 to 20h30
Teaching language :
English or French Section
Payment & cancellation processes :
You and your class :